Relaxation and adventure in the Bitterroot Valley.
We invite you to experience a very affordable Montana Bed & Breakfast. The Darby is located in the South end of the beautiful Bitteroot Valley 4 miles South of Darby which is a quaint rustic little town with many shops to explore. The Darby has spectacular views of Trapper Peak and is surrounded by the Bitteroot and Sapphire mountains. We offer 5 very comfortable bedrooms with a private bath option. We are also handicap accessible with spacious showers supplied with top shelf local all natural shampoos and lotions. Beautiful outside grounds for lounging and a gas fireplace to sit around in the evenings to share the day’s events with your favorite libation.
All overnight stays include a complete Gourmet breakfast, homemade cookies, pastries, fruit and coffee always offered.
Beautiful Lake Como, which is nestled in the heart of the Bitterroot Mountains, is less than a 20 minute drive from The Darby. It offers boating, hiking, swimming, and fishing.
We also offer fully guided Fly Fishing trips on all of the local Blue Ribbon Rivers, as well as scenic rafting trips to view the abundant wildlife in the area. Adventure packages are available by request, lodging is available year round. We hope to see you soon!
Rates: $125.00 – $135.00 per room (2) persons
The Darby is also available as a vacation rental with access to all rooms on the lower floor. This includes extensive, well furnished, living space and dining area, 5 bedrooms and full Chef’s Kitchen.
$375 Nightly (2 night minimum)
Enjoy time in the pristine heart of western Montana, with your hosts,
Gene & Nedra Tomasco
(Marco will be there too.)
Your hosts, Gene & Nedra Tomasco
Let us prepare you for your adventures.
We serve a Gourmet Breakfast using locally grown and supported organic produce, dairy and staples.
Entrees vary and always include fresh fruit, juice and/or milk and fair trade certified coffee or tea.
When your adventure awaits a well prepared breakfast made with care and quality ingredients puts you on course to achieve the best day possible.
The Darby Bed & Breakfast offers fully Guided & Outfitted Fly Fishing trips. We focus on the main Bitterroot River which flows through the pristine and one of the most beautiful valleys in Montana. We also float what is known as “THE FORKS” which is the West & East Forks of the Bitterroot River in the upper valley known for its world class Dry Fly fishing. We also offer scenic river tours described in the link below.
All of the guides have many, many years of Fly Fishing experience and know their waters so you can have a great and rewarding trip of a lifetime.
The Darby Bed & Breakfast is equipped to provide great accommodations and has a fly tying desk area. Let our experience be in control of your Fly Fishing Adventure!
Montana Outfitter Mike Moline #7018
Licensed Guide Gene Tomasco. #29788
Full day 1 or 2 anglers $500.00
West & East Forks $550.00
All full day trips include a streamside lunch, instruction, flies & leaders.
The Darby Bed & Breakfast also offers scenic river tours on the same local Blue Ribbon rivers and streams located in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley.
While staying at The Darby, if fly fishing is not your thing and you want to see the beauty of the Bitterroot Valley and the Bitterroot River, please consider a scenic raft trip that takes you through the heart of the Valley. We offer trips that are designed to ensure you will have a memorable and scenic experience. All trips include transportation to and from the Darby.
-Full Day Trip, 1 or 2 persons, approximately 8 hours.
Trip includes a riverside lunch, soft drinks and snacks.
-Half Day Trip, 1 or 2 persons, approximately 6 hours.
Trip includes soft drinks and snacks.
-Evening Wildlife Float, 1 or 2 persons, approximately 3-4 hours.
Trip includes snacks to accompany your favorite, self-provided, libation.
Call or email for reservations today!
(406) 821-0076 or (503) 539-5679
Making a reservation at a bed and breakfast is not the same as making a hotel reservation. Due to our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. A last minute cancellation gives us little chance of re-booking a room. For this reason we uphold a strict cancellation policy:
• Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of their actual arrival or departure date.
• No-shows are responsible for full payment of their entire reservation.
• Should you cancel outside of 10 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded, less a $30/room/night Administration/Re-booking fee.
• Cancellations (including changes) made 9 days or less prior to your scheduled arrival forfeit the 50% deposit and if the room is unable to be re-booked, the full reservation value will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. Any and all rescheduled reservations will require the full financial payment by the Guest, and the deposit is not transferrable to another stay. There are no exceptions to this policy including sickness, family emergencies, or weather related issues.
• • Individual guests within a group/whole house booking are subject to the terms defined for a whole house rental. If the number of rooms drops below five from a rental that originates as a whole house rental, the group’s reservation is still subject to the terms of a whole house booking.
30 DAYS NOTICE (or more) of Cancellation is Required for Refund of Deposit for These Circumstances (subject to Cancellation/Rebooking Fees):
• A group booking of two to four rooms.
• Reservations during the premium weekends listed above.
• Groups with Whole House Rentals require a 3 month notice for cancellation for a full deposit refund (less administrative fees per room). Cancellations before 30 days will forfeit their 50% deposit. Cancellations less than 30 days notice will be charged the entire cost of the reserved stay.